Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ear Defenders

Folding 28.5dB Ear Defenders

I went to screwfix to test out some ear defenders to go towards my degree show I ideally want complete silence to enforce my idea of sensory deprivation of hearing to en hence and effect my viewer in the way I want. But with further research this seems to be impossible to create a completely silent environment in the conditions of my space. Nowhere is completely silent. ".....forgetting death alone is silent and life is full of noise-work noise,human noise,animal noise.Noise brought,sold or prohibited.Nothing essential happens in the abscent of noise."


I have been reading a chapter in this book called Noise and Silence to improve my knowledge of how noise can effect us. Background noise gives people a sense of security so to block this out for even a few minutes could effect people negatively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment