Wednesday 8 May 2013

Piet Mondrian

  


As I am introducing colour into my work it is only natrual to revist the work of Mondrian, with the miminalist geometric shapes ,limiting the colour to primary colours.and prue abstraction. Refining down to the bare essensals of painting, painting till he could paint no more on one piece whiltling down. Even though I appraicate his work and the deication it is showing to me the amount of comintment to the pieces and its not all about fast results in which I seem to strive for. With spray painting wood instead of painting it, looking for materials to react quickly to my manipulations mabye if I took more time over pieces I would really understand my materials like Mondrian did with paint. But the simple visual elements are what interest me most in his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment