Tuesday 7 May 2013

Tutorial with sharon

I need to expand the use of my drawings so they are not just an expression of a fluid movement in my head so that they can help aid my manufacturing skills. Also to explore more deeply the limits which in I can push my chosen materials too. For example the concrete can be made into less sphere shapes or round masses and create clean straight lines, not to create an am dram creation that immerates the real material such as my paper mache blue shapes I created before. I have identified that I am interested by large scale ambitious sculpture so need to find a means of how to create these. I also need to think on how I am going to recreate my ideas in a site percific space in a limited time frame, the work has to be more temporary due to the transience and the ephemeral theme my group is focusing on. This may mean returning to the wire forms I had experimented with. keeping in mind travel of the materials and construction but also true to my instincts to the surrounding environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment